Friday, April 26, 2019

NCAR Revisited

It has been forever since I timed any of my usual runs. I purposely stayed away from NCAR road, mostly because I've been terrified to see where I am fitness wise, and the hill looks daunting. Today, I knew it would be better for me to avoid it. I'm on the tired side, wasn't committed to a hard effort, and kept thinking about other options. Somehow, I managed to run the timed segment from the library on Table Mesa to the NCAR parking lot a few seconds faster than last year, even though I felt like I was struggling more on all levels and considered stopping several times. My final time was around or just under 20:50.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I should be happy I'm running at all, and I am. I just wish I could dig a little deeper. That was a tough one for me, but I'm hoping I conquered a few demons and can improve from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment