Sunday, June 17, 2012

END



June 16th was the Mount Washington running race, an event I have thought about for years. My career ended long ago, but I would still like to get my body to the top of that mountain some day. It would be nice if I could do it without the limp, but who knows if that will ever be the case. I'd also like to do the Vail Hill climb again, but I'm not in very good shape this year. That's a tough one if fitness is lacking. 

I'm taking a few down days from writing, so people reading will have to put up with pictures and videos. I know it's sort of cheating, but I do want to finish this month of daily blogging. I have new admiration for those who toss out at least one blog post a day. I don't know how people have the time to do that AND live IN the world. I think it would be weird to do one of those blogs that's basically an account of daily activities..every day...sometimes multiple posts each day. I think there was a House episode dealing with a character who did that. 

Today is father's day. I haven't acknowledged the holiday in ages, but I don't like that I probably give the impression that I didn't love my dad. I did. I also believe that underneath the criticism and occasional verbal abuse, he probably loved me too. Throw alcohol into the mix, and things become very unclear and mixed up though. One thing is for certain, I had and still have tremendous respect for my father and what he did in his field. There's no doubt that the guy was a genius. Here's a link to one of the many books he edited: Mathematical Methods in Theoretical Physics. He did pretty much all his calculations without a calculator, which is hard to comprehend considering the kinds of equations he was solving. Computers weren't popular back then either, so my dad didn't own one.  

Sigh...anyway

I assume you all thought I would post the Doors, but this one is more to my liking today. 









No comments:

Post a Comment