Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ohh oh oh oh wooh ohh ohh ohh

Sometimes my life mimics the lyrics in a song, but I love more when lyrics that aren't really lyrics resonate. It's as if you can't put a finger or too fine a point on it, but it somehow fits. I love even more when lyrics are written out despite no real words being sung. Bah bah bah bah bah bu bu bah bah bah Ahhh ohh (TV on the Radio)Ooooooooohh waooooooooohh oohhhhhhh (Muse) etc. I want to make an entire playlist of songs with these kinds of lyrics. Speaking of lyrics, there are some funny, funny youtube videos of songs with just lyrics. It's amazing how words can hit you in a whole different way in a new context. For example, there's one video for Muse - Knights of Cydonia with lyrics that states at the beginning how it take a little while to get to the actual lyrics. Then, the "kool" guitar part and the "fast bit" are pointed out to the viewer. It makes me laugh every time.

I sometimes sing along to the radio or videos I have going when I'm on the stationary bike. Anything to keep the boredom at bay, I guess. I occasionally get the urge to sing when I'm running, but it's harder when you're bouncing up and down and more out of breath. My sister once said she got the urge when she was skiing. It was during a moment of being content with things rolling along smoothly. I guess you could say she was in the zone, and sometimes the urge to sing out, shout out or merely think extra loudly is an appropriate response. Last week I had one of those moments while running. It was just so nice to be making progress. That was before my little setback.

I went to the Dr. today. The x-ray shows that all is well as far as the surgery part. Woot!! On the other hand, because the two muscles that run under my big toe are not quite strong enough to do the supporting and stabilizing that they normally do, I tweaked them both, making my foot extra sore. It's a strain though, so it should be fine in a week or three. I'll be one week back in the brace and then will continue taping it the next week. If all goes well, it should be fine after that. And the Dr. told me it's OK to run in the brace. I just have to tone it down. he did laugh when I pulled out the brace. Apparently I'm a little bit hard on the thing. Actually, it was almost in tatters, but what an I say? I guess he had never seen anything quite like it, but considering the shape of my foot and how hard I was on it despite the pain, he wasn't surprised. Heh.

So, for the first time ever, I was almost glad I have a cold that floored me. I was in bed pretty much all day yesterday, and went extra easy today. I'm never glad to be sick, but I'm glad I don't feel like pushing it right now.

I have to say that I keep realizing more and more how incredible my friends, even just those on facebook and the net, are. I am in contact with some ultra cool people, and it makes the down times a little easier to bear.

During the podcast I did recently, I talked about how I took charge of changing my life. I wish it were that simple. The truth is that it took a long, long time before I was able to get out of my comfort zone. Sometimes it's just fine to stay in a comfort zone, but there are times when it's better to jump into the void. When your comfort zone is causing too much hurt and suffering to you or those around you, it's time to jump. I didn't go into detail about the hard road after the jump, but the most important thing was just to jump, not what followed, because that first step is maybe not the hardest but the most critical, especially if it's done with the idea of never going back.

Radiohead's Creep is stuck in my head.

Ahh well, another rushed post, but I wanted to give an update on the foot situation. I will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment