Monday, January 31, 2011

Fear

I've been working on a blog post that elaborates a bit more on the podcast stuff that Diane, Dave and I did with Julie. Unfortunately, this week is a mess of too much to do, a broken C key on my computer and somewhat unnecessary stressing about things over which I have no control.

I have foot surgery coming up on Friday. There's nothing I can do but get through it, but I'm already freaking out about everything. And on top of all of it, the weather is the worst it has been in a long time. Why couldn't this awful cold spell have waited until this weekend?? Grrr. Plus, there are other things that are on my mind lately that add to my general state of "oh no the sky is falling!"A few deep breaths and a reminder of one step at a time is what seems to be getting me through. Day one down, 4 more to go.

I'm sure I will be back to blogging more regularly once this week is over. In fact, I would guess that if I'm not too drugged up after the surgery, I'll be at it this weekend. I have 3 days of being completely off my foot. That's going to be a challenge. But I'm not about to risk screwing anything up by letting the OCD get the better of me. I will not do intervals on my crutches, hobbling down the hallways, I promise.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment