Monday, December 5, 2011

4 Days?

Where the hell did they go? 


I went into the surgery sick. The doctor gave me a little shot of some antibiotic before the procedure. I can't believe I've been hobbling around for 4 days now though. Tomorrow is my apt to get the cast. I guess I still haven't felt like working out, because I'm all drugged up and not quite over whatever illness I had. In fact, I coughed up something unnatural this afternoon. That's probably not good. On the other hand, in the "TMI encore" department, I finally pooped. Gah- painkillers just stop me up like crazy. What a relief to have something bigger than a rabbit pellet come out of me today. I hadn't gone since the operation, so it was cause for celebration. My fever is down though, so it's likely that I'm on the mend. in a way it's good, because I am taking advantage of having the time and the lack of energy to stay in bed most of the time.  


I'm watching a very uncomfortable episode of the real housewives. One of the ladies has an eating disorder, and there is so much drama every time she is in a scene. Everyone is yelling and crying. It's interesting to see how people respond in this kind of chaos. I guess I'm like anyone else and try to image how I would react, what the best way to react would be and then try to analyze the psychology behind it all. But it's hurting my head to watch. I might have to turn it off. blah. 


I start back to work either Wed or Friday. Since it's like 2 degrees, I actually don't feel that terrible about being stuck inside. I might have mentioned that already. 


This is a short little post. It has been a strange day. 


It looks like Taylor, the one with the issues on the show, has a book coming out next year that deals with her abusive relationship and other aspects of her life. I found this little bit of information on the soon to be published book:  "Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within" will be published by Gallery Books of Simon & Schuster and is scheduled for release on Feb. 7, 2012.
In 2009, Stephen Colbert sponsored the US speed skating team, after their biggest sponsor went bankrupt. I wonder if he would help me with my book getting published somehow. That would be an interesting way to approach things.

I just received a wonderful gift that totally made my day. It included some foot repair cream (lol) which is awesome, two rolling stone magazines, some adorable healing socks and a few other cute little items for the holidays. It was just so perfect! So I'm going to bed in a good mood, and it's not just the Percocet talking. A more coherent post should be on the way soon.

This is probably one of the most disjointed posts I have written, but I'm going to leave it as a reminder of what my brain on painkillers is like.  heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment