|Good Goddess this stuff rocks|
- I haven't completed the blog post about kids and running that I keep saying I will.
- Last night I ate half a pint of Stonyfield Farms frozen yogurt with some peanut butter and cereal.
- I don't feel bad about eating like that now and then, and I'm sure I will do it again. I mean, it's non-fat ice cream and tastes fucking amazing. So what?
- I hate Memorial day in Boulder. I don't just dislike it, I absolutely HATE it. It reminds me of how shit like this (image below) is supposed to represent the holidays. There's the Creek Fest, crazy crowds and, of course, the Bolder Boulder. It is too fucking much:
- I HATE (so full of hate today!) the Bolder Boulder. Actually, I don't dislike the actual race, I am disappointed in what it has become: An ocean of people flooding the streets of Boulder. My emotions get all fucked up, because while it's cool that people run, there are so many, tooooooo many. Plus, it stopped being fun for me when I could no longer really race. Now it's just another outrageously big reminder of how I'm not a runner...and everyone else on the planet is... and is in Boulder today, running.
- While millions of people got up early to run a race, I slept in late. I'll probably go limp around on the trails later. I almost don't care that it will be hot and I'm no longer a runner, only I obviously do or I wouldn't be feeling slightly jealous of those who can run, despite the relief of knowing I no longer have to face all that internal pressure when racing.
- I'm in a bad mood, and I sometimes want to cut my foot off, as if that would help things. I go through life trying to deal instead of making things happen, but I'm frustrated and angry.
- I have a bad case of the grumpies. >:/ Everything is annoying me today. Maybe it's partly because I had to sit and listen to a "street performer" scream her "songs" at people walking by yesterday while I was at work. Someone needs to tell this lady that she can't sing. I wonder about people like that. Can they not hear how bad they are? When pretty much every customer complains about how awful it is, I know it's not just my overly sensitive ears.
Rather than continue complaining, I'm going to post something my sister posted on her facebook wall and I later shared. My uncle was a soldier in the army during the Korean war. This little blurb gives you an idea of what a courageous man he was. As much as I hate this day for the mess of a holiday it has become around here, I, and many others, do remember what it's supposed to be all about. Like my father, I may not agree with the idea of war, but I respect those who have given their lives, literally and figuratively, for our country. Today I remember my uncle, Nelson.