Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eeyore

My sister used to joke that I was the Eeyore of the family, always falling apart. I've had some good stretches of smooth sailing, but there's no doubt that this seems to be my theme song lately:



I wasn't always so unfortunate when it comes to illness and injury. Despite being a little accident prone as a kid, I was pretty damn healthy. Most people know I've had a string of little mishaps in the last year or so though. Last week, I was really thinking I had turned the corner with everything. I was feeling better and doing more. I even had a really fun social outing with some of my favorite people on the planet last night. We went to a nice dinner.Then things suddenly didn't go so well. After a quick trip to the ER in the wee hours, it was decided that I had some bizarre allergic reaction, probably to soap or detergent. I'm guessing it was the soap, as that is the only thing out of the ordinary that I used yesterday. I'm all doped up on a curious little concoction of pharmaceutical drugs that is probably standard in these kinds of cases. It makes me feel like I have the flu though. And I can't seem to sleep enough. Wow.

I feel pretty defeated, but at least I don't look like an over inflated Macy's Day parade balloon anymore, and the hives are not as itchy and swollen. Jeez though. Apparently I have some crappy karma, eh?

Hopefully I will report back next week with some better news. I've got PT tomorrow, so I will have to figure out a way to stay awake on these drugs. I don't dare stop them, because the symptoms of whatever is going on are too terrible.

In all the craziness, I forgot to get a chocolate bunny rabbit. At least I can probably find one at half the price tomorrow, which is good, because that's probably all I can afford with my ever increasing debt to the hospital.

Now everybody sing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment