Saturday, January 12, 2013

Antarctica


Weather for Boulder, CO

7°F | °CSatSunMonTue
Chance of SnowChance of Snow ShowersMostly SunnyMostly Sunny
Light Snow
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 79%28°-2°14°-2°21°43°23°


Apparently I woke up in Antarctica. I thought yesterday was cold with the gusty winds, but it was a good 30 degrees warmer. I still cut my run short and jumped on the bike for a solid workout. It turns out my heart and lungs are somewhat fit; it's the rest of my body that's struggling. In other words, if I were completely sound, I might be running a bit faster. Even on the bike, though, I favor one side. I gotta get all this figured out soon. 

I'm not sure how many minutes I will last out there today. I'm aiming for 10. 

Come on summer! 

2 comments:

  1. If you were down here you'd be waking up in Death Valley ;) Lee Troop said it was his coldest long run ever at -16C.

    Videos on your previous post were interesting. The sprinting on a treadmill was one of the scariest things I've ever seen. I like how Bobby fine-tunes those drills for each person. A lot of runners do drills incorrectly which reinforces poor movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would like to trade my Antarctica for your Death Valley! ;)

      I can't imagine doing the sprinting on a treadmill like that. I've flown off the end at a slow jog.

      Delete