Thursday, August 25, 2011

Diane Israel in Westword!

Darn- I wish I would have seen this earlier! Well, it's deserving of its own post. It's a nice article on Diane:

Diane Israel.

From the article:
["Are you Diane Israel?" a student asks. The Diane Israel who was one of the original pro triathletes, the Diane Israel who helped launch Boulder's tri-craze? Even at this gym, where it wouldn't be unusual to spot such Olympic hot shots as Matt Reed and Greg Bennett, or Ironman winners like Craig Alexander, Diane Israel's name turns heads.
Diane just smiles. To gear up for this visit to the gym, she got dressed as though she was going for a job interview. And she's been anxiously biting her nails as she's watched the cyclists pump away, since the scene brings up memories she'd rather not recall.
As Jon Bon Jovi sings, she doesn't tell the class that she, too, went down in a blaze of glory — and in many ways is still trying to find her way back.]


In other news, I am meeting with an editor next week. Things are moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of her. Quite a story.

    Good to hear things are progressing well with the book. Also that your foot is hanging in there. I get what you say about 5k being too short and too long at the same time. I'm always wanting it to be over at 3k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ewen!

    I know! At the 1 mile mark of a 5K, I'm generally thinking I'm in over my head- "what?? more than 2 more miles to go??" Then, when the finish line approaches, I'm thinking, "shoot, it's over already?"

    ReplyDelete