Thursday, April 7, 2011

PT and Chocolate

After 4 months of limping, I had my first PT apt today. I was stressing, because I didn't have much time to get in a bike workout and do all the other things I needed to do today before the apt. I remember when getting out the door for a run at 6:15am wasn't a huge deal. With my habit of cat napping through the night these days, early mornings are the best time for me to sleep, so workouts before the sun is up are out of the question. All that aside, I was mostly just worried about the Apt. itself this morning. I had no idea what it would be like, and after so much pain, I wasn't in the mood for anyone to be poking at my foot, especially with the lingering nerve damage. The Apt actually went MUUUCCCHH better than expected, and I'm glad I have 3 weeks of rehab with these people. It does look that running again is on the horizon, but I'm not there yet. If I had to be injured, I picked the right months to do so. Here is my list of why I have accepted the stationary bike:

 
The pros of biking

1. I can be in my pj's, just out of bed, my hair a mess and yawning, and 2 minutes later fumble into my bike clothes and stumble to the bike for a hard workout. Running takes so much more planning. I can't seem to do without the fuss-is my left shoe tied right? did stretch enough? what's the weather like? which trail should I take?? Etc.
2. On the bike, eating before hand isn't a big issue. If I'm hungry or full, I can generally go at it on the bike without feeling ultra weak or, conversely, feeling like my tummy is going to present an offering to my basement floor.
3. The temperature is a constant 72 degrees with no wind on my bike, and I have to admit that when there's snow, a blizzard or high winds, I'm kind of glad I don't have to be all hardcore and get out in that shit. I can hang out and be safe on my bike while the wind is howling, stirring up the snow in vicious mini ice tornadoes while I'm inside in bike shorts and a running bra with some good tunes playing. I can't really complain about that.
4. My legs and feet don't take a pounding on the bike. I don't have to worry about my millionth stress fracture. I can ride angry and with intensity and avoid doing myself any real bodily harm.
5. Though biking inside can be a bore, music is my world and takes at least some of the dullness out of being there, day after day. Hell, I can even browse the net while I ride! Ha- though I suppose there's something to be said about focus, but fuck it. My HR is at a reasonable rate for an easy bike session while I browse.
Right now I don't feel like a runner, but I'm in the process of perfecting the art of karaoke complete with air drums on the stationary bike. Sure it's a little sloppy, but I can do it with an occasional HR of over 170! Booya!

Today has been an ultra crazy day. However, I'm a tad less angry and frustrated today. I don't know what was getting into me lately, but man I felt irritated at everyone and everything. The other day, I was trying to get to get home after too many errands, so that I could shower and get to work on time. I hit a big traffic jam, and after 3 turns of the light, I started getting impatient. I'm thinking there's no way I can miss this next light change, but I hadn't anticipated the dweeb in front of me who insisted on stopping just before the light turned yellow. As I came to a stop behind him, I forgot that because of the unseasonably warm temperatures, both my Windows and the Windows of the car next to mine were rolled down. As I yelled FFFFUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!!! a little too loudly, I was suddenly overly aware that the guy next to me was looking at me with a slightly horrified expression on his face. I smiled and rolled up my window, so I could mumble "shit" with no further offense. I think I need to chill out, but things are somewhat better. I got my hair done last night, and even though I think the color is a tad too light, it made me feel more relaxed and pampered. There's some minor shit that's making me want to lose my shit, but I don't have any control over how others behave, so I'm trying to let it go.


Does anyone know text speak? I can't seem to translate those fucking little acronyms and that short hand bullshit. I know I'm not the most literary specimen in the world, but give me a long complicated word over that crap any day. I need a fucking dictionary to translate it, and it makes me feel like I'm old. I'm not sure what possesses people to use it in emails and such, because, really, how hard is it to type out words? I don't get it.


Well, I have to run. Excuse the excessive cussing above. Something has been in me lately, but I'm hoping I can go back to my Doris Day style soon. :o  Oh whatever. 

I haven't even had time for a shower today, and I just got back from the volunteer position at the humane society. No Pounce. Sigh. I'm glad he got adopted, but I was looking forward to seeing him. I wanted to add  on an unrelated note that I had the most amazing chocolate the other day! Holy shit it was good. Here are the details and a review I found:
Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates

Oh, and this blog is awesome:
Angry Runner

 And this interview of the blogger is awesome as well.

Fucking shit- I'm late. Agggggghhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment