Monday, May 16, 2011

Shoes

When I was little, I wanted to be a boy. I thought my dad would like me more if I were a boy, so I went on an anti-frilly rampage. Then, when I was in high school, I was so skinny that I sort of looked like a boy. In fact, at the Run for the Zoo in Denver, the lady at the registration table asked me if I was sure I was a girl when I handed her my entry. Granted, I had a hoodie pulled close around my face, but I was still offended. I peeked down my shirt, and said, "uh, yeah." Boobies, as small as they were back then, were still there. Grrr. Then I won the race and set a course record for women, so I wasn't so upset at her faux pas. Despite being 100 sure I'm female, I never got all that into shoes...until later in life. Unfortunately with the surgery, I'm unable to wear funky, elegant or very fashionable shoes until more healing takes place.

I'm not sure what made me think of this, but one thing I really don't get are the square fingernails. That would annoy the hell out of me. I'm easily bothered by my nails when they get too long, and shaping them in a square, despite maybe looking OK on others, would irritate me. I also saw this new way of painting the nails where a little "moon" at the base of the nail is not painted. I definitely don't get that and think it looks odd. I guess I'm just not at all into nail painting. In general, it looks fine on others, but I'm not one to have my nails done.

Recently, I have seen a few ladies wearing these boots that come up over the knee. It looks terrible. Now, if you have the whole goth look going on, and the boots have lots of straps and buckles, that's a different story.

Don't like

Better






I'm not going to post each picture, especialy the one with the spider in the heel-good god that would freak me out!- but here's a list of some of the most bizarre shoes ever made. Uhh- fashion? Definitely not. Haute couture? I suppose it's like modern art- Some of it I just don't get. I thought it was funny that the Vibrams were listed. I'm surprised that Crocs weren't also on the list.



Some other thoughts about shoes:

I'm not a big fan of the ballerina slipper shoes, unless you're under the age of 5.

No go.

As much as I don't like the ballerina shoes for fashion, these are far worse:

Wrong!



I'll let it be known too that I'm not fond of people wearing Uggs with short little skirts in the summer. Again, if you're 12, it's not quite as bad, but as an adult, it makes you look ridiculous.


Unfortunately, I saw that more of those futuristic shoes are in fashion for 2011. This one isn't the worst of the bunch that I saw, but I still wouldn't buy a pair!

Uhhh...OK?

Apparently, very long and pointy cowboy boots are the latest rage for men who like to dance in bars.

Walking must be difficult

Of course, I can't think shoes and not post this video:
Sigh. I can't wait to go shoe shopping.

I have a Dr. apt later. I'm hoping to get a few more rounds of physical therapy. It's going to be a busy week, so I'm going to cut this short and get moving.
Shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment