Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random things

I confess that I only listened to a small portion of the debate. From the critiques I read and heard on the radio and also from the postings on facebook, it sounds like I didn't miss much, just some distortions and skewed facts. This review seems to sum the event up nicely.

Speaking of distortions, I haven't heard this in a long time:


A big congratulations to Lorraine Moller, who was inducted into the Boulder Sports Hall of Fame. Apparently, my former high school coach was also inducted for his climbing achievements. I hope that Melody Fairchild will eventually be inducted, but I don't know how these things work.

My tummy has been a mess since the Shootout. I had so much fun running the race, and I even had a solid workout Tuesday. However, I'm feeling pretty low today, and my poor insides are still in some kind of ultimate battle. I think I'm over the worst of it, but this has been an unpleasant experience. Now I seem to have a bit of a fever with it. I probably got a little run down after being drained for four days.

Is anyone else sick of hearing people say, "I'm done!" or "I'm over it!" These sayings are worse when the person who blurts them out really isn't over anything and continues to bring the issues up over and over. What does it really mean? Maybe it translates as "I'm frustrated and angry," but it doesn't seem to mean anyone is over anything.

I've been having strange dreams lately. I'm sure there's all kinds of meaning behind them, but I'm not getting any big, life-altering messages from them. Well, there were one or two that related to relationship stuff. The meaning behind those is usually more obvious, even in a dream state. A few of my friends are trying to persuade me to go on Match.com. I'm horribly opposed to it, but I can't give a solid reason why. I guess I just don't want to, so I make grand efforts to change the subject when anyone mentions it. I don't even know if I want to be in a relationship at this point, though there are nice things about being in one. Maybe it's more that I don't know what kind of relationship I want right now. I'm not good with these things, and my pattern has been to be with either those who are unavailable or those who ultimately don't want to be in a relationship or both. I've also been told or it has been implied that I'm not relationship material, which might be true. I'm  the first to admit that I'm moody and overly sensitive, but fuck that. How many people (not just women) aren't? In the past, I've been good at being the one some guy is fucking until something better comes along, but ...I'm over it. No, really, I am! God I hate this stuff.

The new season of American Horror Story starts this month. It's awful how easily I scare, and equally terrible that I can't resist that show. I've been known to freak myself out so badly doing laundry in the basement that after finishing the washing, I'm forced to sprint up the stairs before anything creepy can eat me.

I don't really have much to say at the moment, but I will have some big news relating to my manuscript soon. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment