Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Warrior

Wow. Warrior. I'm going to make this a mostly picture post, because I have a hard time defining what I believe makes up a warrior. I hope that's not cheating. A flood of people come to mind when I toss the word around in my head-people in science, in sports, friends, family, mentors, healers, writers, survivors, creators, artists, animals and more. Of course I am leaving SO many out, but here is just a very small sampling of the people I consider warriors.

My mom (far right) is one of the greatest warriors I can think of. What she has survived is incredible. She's my hero and my friend. She means the world to me.


Heather Clewett


Lorraine Moller



Bobby McGee














Janis Joplin

Secretariat
Seabiscuit



























Camille Claudel 






Rosalind Frankland



















Grete Waitz


Steve Prefontaine





The Unknown Rebel





















Lopez Lamong




It is with a heavy heart that I mention Lisbeth Rhine here among the warriors I have shown in this post. Lisbeth was the head of the head of the Eating Disorders Information Network. She died on May 23, 2012 due to complications relating to her eating disorder. My heart goes out to her friends and family during this difficult time.
Lisbeth Rhine

No comments:

Post a Comment