Friday, June 29, 2012

Mystery

"you ATE the bow?"
I need a break.

Sometimes when I'm writing, I leave the T.V. on in the background, just for noise. The shows that are best for this type of situation are those that don't require a lot of brain power. The other night I was not watching one of the Real Housewives reality shows. There are so many; I can never keep them straight. They all bleed into each other, one fight after another. There's never any mystery in these shows, despite all the advertised drama. Someone gets offended, there's a lot of yelling, somebody cries crocodile tears, another person flounces and there's a group hug at the end. There's also quite a bit of alcohol flowing, talking behind backs and bling showing throughout the show. You can't get better first-world problems than in this show. When there's no drama, these people are good at creating it.

Something people may not know about me is that I used to make wedding cakes. What a stressful job. I made them only for close friends and family, but it was still a high stress position. There's something about a cake that means so much, especially a wedding cake. Cutting the cake is one of the most important parts of any ceremony. However, I couldn't help but laugh a little when the lady in the photo above reacted the way she did after a drunk guest ate the bow off the top of her cake during her "I'm taking my husband's name" party. Actually, she handled it pretty well. Most people would have kicked the drunk girl in the shins, ordered her out of the house and yelled a few obscenities as she left. I know I would have been pissed. Then again, there are so many bigger problems in the world. Plus, with the kind of money stuffed in the pockets of these party goers, I'm sure an entire new cake could have been flown in from Sugar Bakers Cakes or some other fancy cake place.

Fortunately, an emergency cake decorating crew must have been on hand, because the cake looked fine by serving time. A trauma team resuscitated the bow, and all was well in their rich world. Wow though, even the guys flounce in these shows. Everyone's so controlling and the egos are almost too big for the television set to contain.

Thank GOD the bow is safe and atop the cake.



I forgot where I was going with this. It's late though, and I still have work to do. Next month I will be doing a little experiment. It will be a mystery, but I will probably reveal the results at some point. If a few of my posts are a bit odd, not PG-rated and/or stranger than usual, bear with me. I'm trying to figure out why one of my posts has a million views and others not as many. I assume it's not my stellar writing that caused so many people to look, but I want to try something to see what, exactly, people are drawn to in that particular post. I'm pretty sure I know, but it will be interesting to try this experiment. Sure, it won't actually prove anything, but I'm still interested in conducting my secret little test.

One more day of daily blogging, and then I'm done with the challenge! Wheww. 

No comments:

Post a Comment